Jobs at The Roxy
We’re Hiring a Theatre Manager!
Position: Theatre Manager
Company/Organization: Owen Sound Little Theatre (The Roxy Theatre)
Location: Owen Sound, ON, Canada
Owen Sound Little Theatre (OSLT), owners and operators of The Roxy Theatre, is seeking a collaborative individual with proven interpersonal, communication and management skills. As Theatre Manager, you will provide day-to-day management of an operating theatre, and work closely with the Board of Directors and the membership to support the mission and vision of the OSLT. You will work independently and within the vision of the Board and membership.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Report to and work in collaboration with the OSLT Board of Directors
- Provide a high level of member, client, and patron satisfaction
- Support and facilitate the annual plan for the OSLT playbill and season
- Supervise staff in membership development and support membership teams
- Supervise staff in arranging theatre rentals, co-productions and presentation activities
- Manage the operating and capital budgets
- Develop and manage OSLT’s marketing plan (media, web, social media, etc.)
- Develop sponsorships for OSLT productions
- Manage/monitor the physical plant (400-seat Roxy Theatre) and facilitate daily theatre business
- Research grant opportunities, write grants and foundation appeals
The ideal candidate has business experience, particularly in marketing; skill in budget management and basic bookkeeping; facility with technology and related theatre-application software; excellent interpersonal and human relations skills; and superior personal organization and time management skills. This person demonstrates the ability to function as a team player in a member-driven organization.
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Experience with arts management
Term: This is a full time position, with variable work hours in the summer season.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Monday, May 28, 2018 at Noon.
No phone calls please.