Code of Conduct
The Owen Sound Little Theatre (OSLT) has a long legacy of providing a caring and supporting environment for its employees and volunteers, together with outstanding service and quality theatrical entertainment for its patrons. The Board of Directors is fully committed to maintaining and enhancing that legacy.
It is the primary objective of all associated with our theatre to ensure that the working and theatre-going environments – for employees, volunteers and patrons – ensure a positive theatre experience.
Click here for the full Code of Conduct.
Criminal Reference Check
Owen Sound Little Theatre may request completion and receipt of a satisfactory
criminal reference check for any/all members to address its responsibility of protecting
the safety and security of persons and assets on its premises and in its care. This policy
applies to all persons who want to be members of OSLT.
Click here for the full policy.
- Tickets purchased for Owen Sound Little Theatre productions may be exchanged for a different performance during the run of the production for which tickets are purchased, based on availability, and for a surcharge of $1.00 per ticket per exchange.
- All sales for rental events at The Roxy (including fund-raisers, Roxy Series performances and children’s performances) are FINAL and there are absolutely no refunds or exchanges on purchased tickets.
- There are no refunds or exchanges due to bad weather or road conditions or other inconveniences, unless the Ministry of Transportation has closed down main highways in the affected region within two hours of the event’s starting time. In such cases, if events are cancelled, tickets will be exchanged for the make-up performance date. If the event is not cancelled but main highways were closed by the Ministry of Transportation, refunds may be issued upon request.
- Tickets will not be held or reserved, and seats are considered sold only once payment has been paid in full.
- All sales are in Canadian dollars.
- Late patrons will be admitted to the Theatre at the discretion of management in order to reduce disturbance to other patrons.
- Patrons using cell phones, pagers, cameras or recording devices will be asked to turn them off. If they persist, the patron will be asked to leave with no refund for their ticket.
- The Roxy is a smoke free and scent free facility.
- All patrons must purchase a ticket. Children under the age of two may be considered “babes in arms” and may share their parent’s seat, but they must still be issued a ticket as per fire regulations. Some events may not allow babes in arms, check with box office for details.
- A student is considered to be a person attending school full time with valid identification.
- A senior is considered 60 years of age or older.
- A minimum of three wheelchair spaces will be held at all performances for patrons with mobility issues as well as adjacent seats for accompanying guests/support workers. If these seats are not sold they may be released to the general public 48 hours prior to the performances.
- Most Roxy Theatre events have reserved seating, please check with Box Office for details.
Use the links below to access the OSLT – AODA Policies
Owen Sound Little Theatre (The Roxy Theatre) is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our ticket buyers, subscribers, patrons, employees and other stakeholders. We value their trust, and that of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us.
During the course of our various programs, activities and projects, we gather and use personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it is carefully protected and that any use of, or other dealing with, this information is subject to consent. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
Defining Personal Information
Personal Information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about or related to, the individual. Exceptions: business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
Where an individual uses his or her home contact information as business contact information as well, we consider that this contact information provided is business contact information and is not therefore subject to protection as personal information.
Personal information gathered by Owen Sound Little Theatre (The Roxy Theatre) is kept in strict confidence. Our personnel are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent it being lost or destroyed.
We collect, use and disclose personal information only for the purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in light of the circumstances. We routinely offer individuals we deal with the opportunity to choose not to have their information shared for purposes beyond those for which it was explicitly collected. Owen Sound Little Theatre (The Roxy Theatre’s) privacy policies have been developed to ensure compliance with PIPEDA (Personal Information Protecton and Electronic Documents Act).
OSLT Box 41 Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5P1
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to personal information may be found on the web site of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.